Sprint reports that they are in the process of implementing major improvements to their Sprint network. As a part of this process, Sprint will cease operating the Sprint 4G (WiMax) network on 11/6/15.
What this means:
• On the date provided above, WiMax device(s) will no longer connect to the Sprint 4G (WiMax) network. The terms and provisions of contracts related solely to 4G WiMax devices, products and services will no longer be applicable.
• Dual-mode devices, those with both 4G WiMax and 3G CDMA capabilities, will continue to function on the 3G CDMA network.
• Tri-mode devices, those with 4G WiMax, 4G LTE and 3G CDMA capabilities, will continue to function on the 4G LTE and 3G CDMA networks.
• 4G WiMax-only devices will no longer have service and will not connect to a wireless network.
If you have immediate questions, please visit sprint.com or go to your nearest Sprint store to discuss the options available to you. They have wide portfolio of 4G LTE devices that are not affected by the shutdown.
Latest posts by Stephan Pringle (see all)
- July 2019 Maintenance - Thursday, July 4, 2019
- Meltdown and Spectre - Sunday, January 7, 2018
- Price Increase for UK Domains - Monday, February 1, 2016